We had our 20 week ultrasound today, an event we have been looking forward to for months! Not only because it marks the halfway point of the pregnancy, but also because we got to find out the sex of the baby! And guess what? We were right all along, its a little GIRL!!! It was so exciting to get to see her little body, arms legs and everything else moving all over the place! I couldn't believe how much she was moving, she literally never stopped during the entire ultrasound! She is right on target for her dates weighing in at 12oz, which hopefully means I don't have to carry around another XL baby. At this point in my pregnancy with Jack, the ultrasound tech was making borderline rude comments on how big he was. Speaking of Jack, he is very excited (or so he thinks) to be having a little sister. This evening we took him to the store and let him pick out a toy for the baby. He told Justin and I that baby's like dolls, so that's what he picked out for his little sister.
As thrilled as I am that we know what we're having now, I'm a little bummed that we still have another 20 weeks to go! It seems like forever away! I do plan on enjoying the time in between though, because it the last few months of our lives that we only have one child, after this one we'll officially have kids and it will be a whole new life. I am taking the summer off from everything but Jack and Justin and am going to try and relax. Riley switched over to a new daycare, and school will be out for me in a couple of weeks, so we'll have a lot of free time to bond over the next 20 weeks! (I'm hoping to include potty training in our summer activities so that Jack can go to preschool in the fall, but I'm not holding my breath!)
Other than that we're all doing really well! The economy has finally hit us a little bit with Justin's hours getting cut back, but God has blessed us with this house, and even with the cutbacks, we won't be struggling too much. My good friend Megan has also taught me some great tricks in coupon shopping so that should be a big help as well! We are just trying to enjoy life and make the best of what God has given us, and so far its all working out amazingly ;) Thank you all so much for your prayers and support over the last year, its been a great time of learning for us all and our whole family has been strengthened through the process!
