Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Chalk Days




The weather here has been amazing the last few days, so this week I've been trying to get the kids out as much as possible. Its so incredible to me how much they change in just a matter of months, weeks even. I've let the little ones play with chalk before, but their play usually consists of eating and throwing the chalk, not too much drawing actually takes place. I have noticed however, an extreme amount of crayon scribbling on my walls and other furniture lately, so I figured they must be ready for some actual coloring activities. I let them take out a bucket of chalk into the front yard and draw all over the driveway, this kept them busy for at least 45 minutes, and for anyone who has had a two year old, you know this is a rare event. They were so cute telling me what they were drawing (even though all I could see was random lines of color) Jackson was telling me "My dra-wing firetruck Courtney" (yes, he calls me Courtney now instead of Mommy, because that's what Riley says.) We also went to the park this week with Quincey and his Mommy, Megan and his little sister Maiya. The three little one, well big ones I guess now that baby Maiya is in the picture, had so much fun sliding down head first on the slide and pulling each other around in the wagon. Its is so nice to have other kids for Jackson to play with. He loves the interaction, every time we go somewhere with other children he tells me "See kids Mommy!!". Speaking of the little man, he's calling me now from his bed, so I better get him up and ready for the day!